Wednesday 13 April 2011

Drawing and Painting



Here are some of my drawings and one of my paintings all based on my first set of photographs but exploring different techniques.
My painting is acrylic on top of a pencil sketch. The colours and mark making I have created is inspired by the artist Jean Michel Basquiat who I have looked at previously in this project.
The second image is my 'academic' drawing where I have solely focused on achieving accuracy and precise mark making by spending more time and closely looking at the photograph.
The last image is two continuous line drawings overlayed, the black line is using my left hand and he red, my right. Doing quick exersizes such as this helps to loosen the wrist and mind as you are pushed to draw out of your comfort zone which can often result in better outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment